Thursday 6 November 2014

Back once again...

Well, September and October happened and while I didn't post that's not to say nothing changed.

For a start, I've decided to stop Slimming World, at least for now. I know it works and it has been brilliant for me in the past, but I was finding it too hard to keep motivated on it and my failure to stick to the plan was just making me feel lower and lower. The negativity was not something I coped very well with and may possibly have contributed to this particular meltdown.

I have also joined a gym again, having got the go ahead from the various doctors and such. I rather impressed myself with my ability to jog a little (as opposed to not at all which was what I was expecting), embarressed myself by feeling sick and having to leave a return to fitness class full of old people, I'm still struggling with weight training - turns out I still find it massively boring and there is always someone who seems to be glued to the machine I want to use. But the best thing about this gym is that it has a pool. I quite like a swim but maybe only half an hour once or twice a week, which makes it expensive to go to the local baths, but included in a gym package I can just have a quick swim and not worry that it's costing me the best part of a fiver.

I've probably put on weight. Actually no probably about it. But I've decided to stop stressing about it and I''m not going to weigh myself until after Christmas. I don't want to know and to be honest, I care more about which clothes I fit into anyway.

I've decided to try the 5:2 diet and today is my first fast day. I know people who have done really well with this plan and it acutally kind of sounds like the way I eat when I loose weight anyway, so hopefully I'll take to it. It feels a bit fiddly but I''m sure I'll get used to us.

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment